Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Thursday, December 28, 2006

How fun is this?

In my classroom (I teach middle school reading/English) I have a Snoopy poster. He is sitting at a typewriter atop his doghouse with a silly grin on his cute face. His caption, "It's exciting when you've written something that you know is good."

And you know what? Snoopy's right. Right this very minute, I left a thrilling scene of Isle of Swords to come here and post. Why? Because I was having so much fun writing it that I wanted to share it. It's not that I know it's good--my editor will no doubt let the air out of my head when she reads the first draft. But it is absolutely a BLAST to write it. I've got the mental movie rolling, I feel the fright of the characters, I intensely, insanely, desperately want to know what will happen next!

God says trust in Him, and he will give you the desires of your heart. God's promises are so true.

Isle of Swords Update: Slower writing today. Spent hours on last minute research and visualizing--necessary, but time-munching. Nonetheless, I believe I will not only finish in time, but will finish ahead of schedule. It's not my power. It's HIS power.

See you Friday.

No comments: