Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Sunday, December 31, 2006

One Chapter Remains...

Wrote for 8 hours today. One chapter of Isle of Swords remains.

I don't know what it's like for most authors. Don't know how fast other authors write. But for me, if I write two pages in an hour, I am really flying--greased lighting flying. I've been praying and had others praying for me. Today, I averaged THREE pages an hour. This happened during The Final Storm as well. And I will always look back and remember what God did in these crunch times.

Two quick observations:

1. A.D.D. and writing don't mix. I am the worst case I've ever. What were we talking. Hey look at that cute kitten. Huh?

2. I need to get a more comfortable chair. Nuff said.

3 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

ADD and writing don't mix? Hah! Well, I think it does, in fact, I think there's a plus side to it that makes us more creatives.

But I'll tell you, if I don't shift into that supposed hyper-concentration, then it sure is hard to get anything done!

Congratulations on flying through the end!

WayneThomasBatson said...

Too true, SPY! It's that ADD that helps us pay attention to details that others miss! LOL

Thanks for coming by!

Re Allyssa said...

Man! I am so sad that I just now found your blog!!

I read the Door Within during the summer after my eigth grade year (I'm graduating this year) and we had just moved to a new place. We didn't even have internet (pure torture for me). I found your book in an old Christian book warehouse. I was so excited, but they only had The Door Within and The Rise of the Wyrm Lord the first time I went there.

I instantly fell in love with the books. I still tell people about the amazing hook you had. "The first sword missed Aidan's head by an inch."

When I finally did get The Final Storm, I read it in less than a day.

I also want to tell you that I've tried using the books as a witnessing device. I asked one of my green-eyed friends to read it and tell me what they thought of it. I've also used the story of Paragor to better explain Lucifer's fall.

I'm not sure if it started before or after I read the trilogy, but I now refer to Jesus as my King every chance I get.

Also, I loved the Isle of Swords and the Isle of Fire too! I really need to get on it and read your other books as well!

I'm going to spend the next few days catching up on your blog. xD

As always,
All praises to the King.
Mari Mercado