Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Friday, July 30, 2021

The Myridian Constellation Continues to Grow, thanks to YOU.

30 years ago, even before The Door Within, I had an idea for a fantasy story centered around an assassin seeking redemption from a haunting past. The story began with "A Sword in the Stars." Here's a peek at the new cover concept.


The story begun with "A Sword in the Stars" continued to reveal itself to me with a reluctant young king, trying to live up to expectations and struggling to avoid his father's mistakes. Before I knew it, there was a really nasty red dragon and a devastating unexpected invasion. A sneak peek of "The Errant King" cover concept is below.



From the very beginning the Dark Sea series (now The Myridian Constellation), had 7 books outlined. Book 3, however, took me by surprise when it became such a behemoth that Amazon wouldn't even publish it in paperback at its size. It became clear that there were two very unique story arcs, and so I made the decision to split the third book into book 3 and book 4. I never imagined how much work and time it would take to re craft those tales into individual books of the series. "The Forsaken Continent" became book 3 and took nearly 5 years to complete. Here's a peek at the new cover concept for TFC:



"Mirror of Souls" was going to be book 3, but I quickly realized that too much needed to happen to lay the groundwork for what I think has become the turning point of the series. Here's a peek at the full cover of Book 4, Mirror of Souls. Release date is August 9th!
Author's Note: Thank you, readers for the opportunity to write for an audience. I'm no Tolkien or Rowlings, but you've all been so very kind to make it clear that these books have an audience. God made my dream come true and gave me a mission, but I'd get nowhere fast without knights and swordmaidens like you. I'm forever grateful.




23 comments:

Unknown said...

Will there be an audiobook version?

WayneThomasBatson said...

Yes, indeed. Dave Cruse is recording the audio over the next couple of weeks.

Lissa said...

I have a daughter who would like to send a letter to you about one of your books. What address can I use?

WayneThomasBatson said...

Hi, Lissa! So very kind of you and your daughter. Would you mind sending me an email to batguy21784 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

That way I can give you an address without plastering all over the web. lol

AnneB said...

Will there be a book five in the MC series? “Mirror of Souls “ left me with so many questions

WayneThomasBatson said...

Hi, AnneB! Yes, I'm working on Book 5 right now, "The Windborne." Hoping to release by summer 2022.

AnneB said...

I have something really important to tell you. THE END. So much for book four.

AnneB said...

Please forgive my previous snarky comment. Didn’t see your answer to my question. Senior moment. Both my husband and I read all four MC books and enjoyed them but have had many a laugh stopping in mid sentence and saying “The end!” He will be pleased to hear there’s a book five! Guess the joke is over. Keep up the good work. God bless

Unknown said...

No worries! And not only will there be a 5th book, but also a 6th and a 7th!

Tvk said...

So very impressed and intrigued by your books. My son and I have read nearly all of them, can't wait for book 5. I am a printer by trade and printed your first to books mc books and have been hooked ever since. Love your christian underpinnings. God bless you and yours.

Tvk said...

Love your work and looking forward to book 5. My son and I have read nearly all of your work. I am a printer by trade and did your first two mc books,been hooked ever since. I really appreciate your christian underpinnings,keep it up. God bless you and yours.

Tonya said...

My son just finished book 4 - is book 5 still in the works for summer 2022? We hope so!

Tonya said...

My son just finished book 4 - is book 5 still in the works for summer 2022? We hope so!

WayneThomasBatson said...

Book 5 is still in the works. Summer 2022 is still within reach. Time is a little crunched right now, but I'm working!

Christopher Williams said...

Mr. Batson,

I may be a tad late to this thread, but I wanted to say that through my teenage years(I'm 30 now) your books,starting with The Door Within when I was 13ish, have been like Tolkien's works for me; they got me more interested in reading than any other book. Now as an adult the Myridian Constellation has become what is arguably one of the best(and my personal favorite) fantasy series I've ever read(and I've read LOTR, Harry Potter, and the Eragon series among many others). I read all four of your Myridian Constellation in a month. Thank you for igniting my imagination continuously through my childhood and adult life, and I seriously cannot wait for this Story to continue. Never Alone!

Lucas Wray said...

I’m very much looking forward to book 5:) I’ve listened/read all of your series multiple times and can honestly say this series is my favorite. I love how you mix bits of the Bible in with your stories…Your a talented writer and one of my favorites, God Bless

WayneThomasBatson said...

Hi, Christopher Williams, thanks for the very kind comment and your patience toward my reply. God willing book 5 of The Myridian Constellation will be out in time for Christmas this year. Again, my thanks for the honor of being mentioned in the same paragraph as LOTR.

Hi, Lucas Wray, thank you for reading the books and the kind encouragement.

Hi, Indy! Thanks for the cool post on your blog. That was SWEET! (like surfers say sweet, not like girlfriend, aw, you're sweet) LOL. And yes, book 5 should be out by Christmas this year.

Indy said...

I'm SO excited for book five! *pumps fist*

Anonymous said...

Is there still going to be a book 5?

Anonymous said...

Loved books 1-4! Can’t wait for more💜

WayneThomasBatson said...

Thanks, Indy. I can promise you EPIC things in book 5. And yes, Anon, there will be a book 5 (God willing), as well as, book 6 and 7! The outline was always for seven books, and the ending is driving me crazy with cinematic scenes running through my mind. I hope to equal the power in the actual writing, as always, but God's grace.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to book 5! I Have read all of them and can’t wait to dig back into the story!

Anonymous said...

Is there a new release date for Book 5? I'm anxiously awaiting.