Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Meet the Authors of the Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour, Part 5

Hey, all! Just a WEEK away from the start of The Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour in Atlanta! Please continue to pray about that event--especially for the Fantasy authors out there. ICRS is where a lot of new authors get their first contracts (or at least have a publisher get interested in them). It was just four years this summer that I went to ICRS (in Atlanta then as well) and pitched The Door Within books. A nice editor from Tommy Nelson took a real interest in the books and God did the rest.

But ICRS is also when Bookstore Chains and Indie Stores put orders in to their distributors for more or different titles. So, if you'd like to see your local Christian Bookstore stock more of what you like to read, please pray that Chains and Locals would buy lots of new fantasy/spec fic titles!

Tonight I've posted the FIFTH in a series of Meet the Author threads. The author's words are taken from a Q&A we participated in to promote the Tour. I'll post all four authors responses to one question in each thread. Hope you enjoy getting to know these wonderful fantasy writers.

Wayne Thomas Batson--The Door Within Trilogy and Isle of Swords
Bryan Davis--The Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire
Sharon Hinck--The Becky Miller Books and The Sword of Lyric Series
Christopher Hopper--The Rise of the Dibor and The White Lion Chronicles

I'll also be including a new piece of desktop art with each new post--Tonight's image is a bonus pic! This is my rendition of Rivendell, the House of Elrond from LOTR. Feel free to save the file and use it as your computer's background. Share with friends or post wherever else you blog!




Q: Tell me about a current project.

WB: I have a high adventure on the high seas planned for release in August of 2007. This pirate’s tale is called Isle of Swords, and begins with a lad awakening on an island. He is bruised, scarred, beaten within an inch of his life, and yet he has no memory of what happened to him…how he came to this island, or even of his own identity. All he has to go on is a leather pouch containing: a priceless green jewel, a lock of red hair, and a rusty iron cross. The journey of discovering who he is will bring the lad between two of the Caribbean’s most notorious pirates: Declan Ross and Bartholomew Thorne.

BD:I just finished the second book in the Oracles of Fire series, Enoch’s Ghost, and I will soon be working on book number three, Last of the Nephilim. These stories continue the Dragons in our Midst saga. Thigocia is the only dragon left in the world, and she is searching for her long lost human son, born to her while she was in human form. Three human characters help her in a search that literally takes one of them to the gates of Hell, to the very edge of the lake of fire. What they learn will mean life for some and death for others.

SH: Right now I’m working on my revisions for the third book in the Sword of Lyric series. Like the Old Testament Judges, God raises up a new “Restorer” in times of great need, so each book focuses on a different Restorer – but Susan continues to be an integral part of each story.

CH: I’m working on book III in The White Lion Chronicles. Honestly, I think it’s been the most fun of the three to write simply because it’s so fast paced. I’ve wanted to do an action thriller for some time, and this is as close as I’ll get to one in this series. Everything is culminating at break neck speed. I think people are really going to like it, and have to stop just to catch their breath; I have to when writing it!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome LOTRs background!

Amy Browning said...

I can't wait for Isle of Swords and the Rivendell pic is sweet. I may even have to let it replace my Grimwalk background, which I've had up since around November.

Hey Wayne - before the big tour, will you be announcing the winner for Suspense Technique #3? Just wondering...

WayneThomasBatson said...

Thanks, Justin!

And yes, I should be able to announce Suspense Technique #3 Winner before I go.

Christopher Hopper said...

Wayne,

Can't wait to see you again and spend hours and hours in a little van together! Really looking forward to the tour. And thanks to all your blog readers for their enthusiasm and support! What a great team you have here!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Bryan Davis', and I'll be coming to see y'all on July 14th in Richmond.

I have yet to read any of your books, but I hope to be able to purchase the first book in The Door Within series while I'm there.

I look forward to meeting you and the other authors, as well as seeing Mr. Davis again. Have fun on the rest of the tour!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I am VERY much looking forward to Isle of Swords...well, mainly because I am currently fascinated by ships. It sounds awesome. One question though- What year does it take place in?

WayneThomasBatson said...

Hi, Pais
I hope we get to meet you in Richmond. Bryan's a cool guy. I'm looking forward to the road trip.


Hi, Alyosha
Thanks for coming by!
Isle of Swords takes place early 1700s, say between 1705-1712. It's at the end of the Golden Age of Piracy.

Unknown said...

Hehe, I bet you are :) I can't wait till the 14th, it'll be so much fun!

My real name is Connie, and you'll know its me cause I'll be wearing a long, black and purple cloak :D