Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Blackened Keyboard Friday: November 24th

It's almost Thanksgiving. Mmmmm...can you smell it? No, I don't mean the roasting turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie! No, I'm talking about the effervescent scent of ash and soot and charred plastic! Yeah, now can you smell it? Mmmmm...

That's right it's almost time for Blackened Keyboard Friday! Spurning the marketing gimmicks, sales, lines, and stampedes, I'll be comfy at home and writing all day. And...I'm asking you to join me. Regardless of your time zone, come aboard the Lunatic Writing Ship as we sail for record-setting word count madness! 



Interested? Here are the particulars:

1) Anytime on Friday, November 24th, join my Blackened Friday posting on Facebook. In the comments, introduce yourself and your writing project. Give us your starting word count.

2) Write like maniac for as long as you want within the 24 hour 11/24 window.

3) Then, post your final word count and your sum total of NEW words written.

4) PRIZES: 

A) If you beat me, I will put your name into the acknowledgements section of the next book I release: likely "Errant King - The New Author-ized Version" just before Christmas. 

B) If you score the highest NEW words written count, I will either: 1) if you're an author with books to sell, I'll put an ad for your book(s) into Errant King—at no charge! (You'll have to send me the completely finished, print-ready ad.)  -OR- 2) If you're not an author with books (YET!), I'll give you your choice of getting a character named after you in a future book or getting a free critique from me on ONE of your fiction chapters!

FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY: I'm going to start a "Secret" Blackened Keyboard Friday Group on Facebook. Let me know if you want an invite. That way, we can have writing fellowship with whoever's writing at the time. We can share writing blurbs, ask for help (I need a word for excited but needs to be more powerful), and, of course, the ever present possibility of inane banter. 

Until then, limber up those fingers. Get ready to singe those keys! Kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!

-Wayne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i couldn't post on Facebook so I'm just going to state it here just to show im with this
: name is Sean
the project: a fantasy timeline of a world called Aphila (its still writing) (45 races created so far) im working on writing the time line from the creation of aphila to the destruction of aphila.

word count: combining the wiki create4d to be more in-depth on how races look and act as well as materials in the universe and the timeline i have :13127 words, 3762 for the wiki and 9365 for the timeline.

i know you said Facebook but for some reason i cant find comments i don't care about prizes i just want to write.

Anonymous said...

why cant i comment on facebook? i want to join.

Will said...

I have a question about "The Tide of Unmaking", the third book in the Berinfell Prophecies series. My wife LOVES the audiobook versions of your books but we have been unable to find the audiobook version of "The Tide of Unmaking". Can you advise if it is available in audiobook yet, and if not, when it might be available in audio.

Thanks so much and please keep up the great writing.