Please Consider this Powerful Ministry

sponsor a child inn ministries

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Treasure Hunt Update!




H
ello, all! I'm happy to say I've met the deadline for Isle of Fire--thank you for the prayers and most of all THANK YOU, GOD!! More on that soon. Look for a post called "The Joys of Clicking Send" coming soon.

I wanted to UPDATE everyone on the Isle of Swords Treasure Hunt Contest. See the sidebar for new scores.

From now on, please post your new accomplishments as COMMENTS on this POST. I've listed the rules below for easy reference. Note the new Point Getter: Book Reports in School.

Also, if you're new to the contest, please don't feel like you cannot possibly catch up. You absolutely can. We have now entered the preChristmas corridor. Buying books as gifts could allow you to amp up your points in a hurry.

There are also lots of nonCostly methods of adding up the points: recommending the books is really easy, esp. if you make a recommendation to lots of friends.

And remember, all of the tasks are repeatable. I mean you can't post the same review twice on Amazon, but you CAN post the same review on a GaZillion different review sites.

Until next time: Never Alone!

5 Treasure Points:
•Mention ANY of my books in a blog thread--your blog or someone else's--post the link in your comment.
•Recommend ANY of my books to someone you know--say who it was.
•Post a link to my blog anywhere on your blog--then, post the link here.
•Post a review of any of my books on a non-review site like a blog, school page, etc. Post a link here.

10 Treasure Points:
•Write a review of any of my books on Amazon or any online review site. Post the link for the review once it's up.
•Post cover artwork from any of my books on your blog and make it a link to Amazon or CBD. Post the link in your comment on this thread.
•Post a link for my book's Amazon or CBD page on your blog. Then, post the link here.

20 Treasure Points:
•Write a review of any of my books and post it on three different online review sites. Post the link for the review here once it's up.

25 Treasure Points:
•Recommend ANY of my books to someone you know--say who it was. And then, this person chose to buy the book!
•Spot ANY of my books in a bookstore outside of the state in which you live. Post here to let us know where and when.

50 Treasure Points:
•Buy a copy of Isle of Swords and post when and where you bought it.
•Buy any of The Door Within Books and post when and where you bought it.
•Write a review of ALL of my books and post ALL of them on THREE online review sites. Post the links for the reviews once they're up.
•Buy a copy of any book by one of the Fantasy Fiction Tour Authors: Sharon Hinck, Bryan Davis, and Christopher Hopper.
•Create an Amazon Listmania List that includes The Door Within Books and Isle of Swords.
• Write AND present a book report on any Wayne Thomas Batson, Bryan Davis, Christopher Hopper, or Sharon Hinck book at school. 100pts. if you earn an A+ for that assignment.

75 Treasure Points:
•Go to a store that does not carry my books and special order it from that store.
•Go to a store that does not carry my books and persuade them to carry any of my books. Then, post here to tell us what store has now agreed to carry my book(s).
•Buy any of my books and donate them to your church library. Then post here to say where you bought them and what church received them.

100 Treasure Points:
•Buy a copy of ANY of my books for the Youth Group Leader of your church. Post a comment here to tell who, when, and where.
•Buy one copy of EACH of the Fantasy Fiction Tour Authors: Sharon Hinck, Bryan Davis, Wayne Thomas Batson, and Christopher Hopper. (4 Books total) Post here to say where and when.
•Buy both of Christopher Hopper's books: Rise of the Dibor and The Lion Vrie. Post here to say where and when.
•Buy both of Sharon Hinck's Sword of Lyric Books: Restorer and Restorer's Son. Post here to say where and when.

400 Treasure Points:
•Buy The Door Within, Rise of the Wyrm Lord, The Final Storm, and Isle of Swords (ALL FOUR of my books). Post here and tell where you bought them and when.
•Buy all of Bryan Davis's Dragons in Our Midst Books (4) Post here to say where and when.


Note: Each of the preceding MAY be repeated as many times as you like.

Note #2
: Each of the preceding must be performed from this day (September 18th, 2007) forward. But, upon further review, I have decided to allow contestants to count THREE past book purchases for Treasure Points. So, if you bought The Door Within, Rise of the Wyrm Lord, and The Final Storm last year, you can count those three, but no others.

Note #3: To claim ANY Treasure Points, you must post a comment on THIS thread explaining how you accomplished it.

Note #4
: I may add to the list of Treasure Point Tasks at any time--and likely will because my twisted mind is always churning...

Note #5
: Keep track of your own Treasure Points. I will keep a running tally in my sidebar and try to update it every week or two. But you should keep your total as well.

Note #6
: You cannot kill several birds with one stone. Make sure you indicate in your post how many Treasure Points your accomplishment earned you. In other words, you can't buy one copy of The Door Within, count it for 25 points and then count it AGAIN once you buy the whole series 100 points.

Note #7
: Any and all of the requirements are subject to change as I see how this develops. I want to keep it fair.

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

Book report for school? Cool, but I've read the list twice and can't find it. Did I just miss it or is it not there?

WayneThomasBatson said...

Sorry, Sarm. It's up there now.

-WtB

everlastingscribe said...

Congrats on making the deadline! I'm sure that's a weight off your shoulders. No more shouldering worlds for you ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks. Oh and congrats on finishing IoF.

The Writer said...

Congrats on finishing IoF! As an aside, I've also finally posted a review of IoS on my blog (http://writerdevon.blogspot.com/). So, that's another 5 points, right?

The Writer said...

Oh, I forgot! I also posted a link for your blog on my blog and recommended TDW to two friends, John M. and Zach S.. I don't think they've started them yet, but they're still finishing up a book to read for school. So, that would raise my total by another 15 points, making it... 435 points!

Holli said...

Question on the contest:

Does buying all of the DIOM books count as one purchase?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mr. B! When's IoF coming out, now? Do you know?

Anonymous said...

I did a book report on TDW series last year. Not sure if it counts, but we don't have any book reports this year in writing. Well if it does, 870, if it doesn't, still 770 points!

Anonymous said...

I left reviews of all four books and a link to this site on the blog; https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2983845217825248388&postID=5184176277586185613
that's 25 more points! That makes 795, unless the book report counts, which is unlikely.

Anonymous said...

Can I join the contest? If so I have read all of the Dragons In Our Midst series. My dad got me for them, and i forget when. 400! I also did 2 book reports on Brian Davis' books and got an A+. 200 more!

Anonymous said...

I just did a review of all four books at this site; http://www.clpgh.org/teens/read/booktalk/posted.cfm?order=DESC&orderrow=DATE_REVIEWED&top=10&bottom=1

That's 40, putting me at 835, or possibly 935, still depending on the book report.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you finished Isle of Fire!! I can't wait till it's in stores!!
Okay, I have a question about my scoring. You have me at 1305 pts. I was really excited about that, but checked my own keeping and saw that I only had 815. So, just letting you know that.
But I did get some more more pts.
*recommended all three The Door Within books to a friend at church (15 pts. I think), so according to my reccord, I'm at 830.
Good job again on finishing in time!!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Just added som more points:
created Listamania on Amazon.com under Lucy, Must-Read Fantasy books. Here's the link :
www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listamania/fullview/R2B3YKG7UX2XUG/ref=cm_lm_pthnk_view/102-5695197-3767346?ie=8&lm%5Fbb=
So, that's 50 points, and that would make me at
850.

everlastingscribe said...

Keep going strong treasure hunters! I had a young adventurer *call* the store today and ask how this was done, the earning of points and how to register and all that. I of course ;) quickly brought the gentleman up to speed and he assured me he will be registering here in a matter of hours.

Unknown said...

I purchased The Final Storm today from CBD, so that's another 50 points.

Anonymous said...

More points:

10 for TDW review: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5591135

10 for ROWL review:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5591155

10 for TFS review:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5591164

10 for IOS review:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5591168

that's 40 total, equalling 875 or 975, pending confirmation on the book report.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how I can register for all of this? I love the books dearly (I'm rereading them for a 3rd time) and I really want to do this.

WayneThomasBatson said...

HALEY, no need to register. Just read the rules carefully and jump right in!

WtB

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Batson. My first post stands then. I'll do my best! *goes back to memorize rules*

Anonymous said...

*scans rules* I mentioned your books on a website. It's near the bottom. I'm haleykay1794. http://www.neopets.com/~Bob_5640

5 points which brings me to 605 i think.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Glad your book signing in Tx. went well.
Okay, I added some more points (but I'm still confused about my score)
*recommended The Door Within Trilogy to a friend (15 pts)
*recommended Isle of Swords to a friend (5 pts.)
*recommended Door Within Trilogy to my pen pal (15 pts.)
So, according to my sheet that I'm keeping, that would put me at 935 pts.
But according the the points you have for me, that would put me at 1405 points.
So, I'm not sure which one is right :)
Thanks again for having this contest. It's so awesome!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Alright, 60 points more now!
Recommended each book in the series to a friend- 20 points

reviewed TDW at http://www.lovelybooks.com/library/m3oFOjat/@@index.html?book.tab=Book-Reviews-Tab

reviewed ROWL at http://www.lovelybooks.com/library/9dekIhcp/@@index.html

reviewed TFS at
http://www.lovelybooks.com/library/2aRo7xiF/index.html?book.tab=Book-Reviews-Tab

reviewed IOS at http://www.lovelybooks.com/library/dF4TByzS/@@index.html
-40 points

that's either 935 or 1035 points.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Here's some more points:
*recommended all four books to 2 people, so I think that's 40 pts.
So that puts me at 975, or 1445 depending on your judge of points.
Thanks!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Here's some more points:
*recommended all four books to 2 people, so I think that's 40 pts.
So that puts me at 975, or 1445 depending on your judge of points.
Thanks!
~Hannah

WayneThomasBatson said...

Hello Knights and Swordmaidens!

I've updated the Treasure Hunt Points, and here's some clarification on a coupla queries:

JC, last year's book reports don't count, but anything current does.

Kare, your purchase of all 4 DIOM books counts big time, to the tune of 400pts! Bravo.

Hannah Shoop, thanks so much for checking my math and, more importantly, for being so honest. You were right about the correction in points. I am awarding you an extra 100pts. for your honesty. Bravo!

Never alone!

-W

DragonRider said...

I saw the books in IN visiting my aunt. I bought the first book there.

I bought books 2 & 3 in the Florida panhandle.

I don't know how many points that is.

Anonymous said...

Last years don't count! Oops, minus 200 off mine. I'm at 405 now.

Unknown said...

I just recommended (by email) The Door Within trilogy and Isle of Swords to my friend Mrs. Delong (she's a professor friend at Liberty :D). 5 points per book, bringing my total to...665 :)

Anonymous said...

40 points for reviews on Yahoo! You can find them all at this link;
http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AugJNy1Lg.SWOV2QbuiJ4CcbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNjRqazhxBHNlYwNzZWFyY2g-?p=Batson%2C+Wayne+Thomas&did=56

So that's 975 points

Unknown said...

Wayne, I have a question. If I were to buy (which I just did) one of the Dragons In Our Midst audio books, do I get points for that too??

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thank you for clearing up the points! I was getting a little confused :) And thank you for the 100 pts.
I added some more pts. I created a listamania on Amazon.com, under the name of Lucy, titled Captivating Fiction. That's 50 pts, which I think would put me at 1100.
Also, I have a question. Can my little brother and I work on this treasure hunt together--combine our points?
Thanks!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on finishing IoF! I just earned some more points.

I recommended your books to my friends Catie, Stephanie, Sean, and Daniel (Daniel and Stephanie are borrowing both my copies of TDW and Sean is borrowing IoS). 20 pts.
I wrote a book report on The Final Storm and got an A+ on it. 50pts.
I bought all four of The Dragons in Our Midst books. Plus his other two books, Eye of the Oracle and Enoch's Ghost. Don't know if those count though. If they don't then that's just 400 pts.
So that's 470 more points. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! I'm breaking 1 grand! 40 points for reviews

10 for TDW review:
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=100175131



10 for ROWL review:
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=100175132



10 for TFS review:
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=100175050

10 for IOS review:
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=100175135

and 40 points for telling two friends, Hugh and Joseph, about all four books.

So that's 1055, if I'm correct.

Anonymous said...

30 more points!

10 for TDW review:
http://www.eden.co.uk/shop/the_door_within_106957.html

10 for ROWL review:
http://www.eden.co.uk/shop/rise_of_the_wyrm_lord_113710.html

10 for TFS review:
http://www.eden.co.uk/shop/rise_of_the_wyrm_lord_113710.html

That's 1085 points now.

Anonymous said...

Alright! 60 more points!

10 for TDW review:
http://www.biblio.com/books/144608994.html

10 for ROWL review:
http://www.biblio.com/books/145187440.html

10 for TFS review:
http://www.biblio.com/books/145874594.html

10 for IOS review:
http://www.biblio.com/books/144555819.html

And 20 for telling my friend Kaleb about each of the four books.

And that makes a grand total of 1145 points!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
More points:
recommended all four books to a friend. (20 pts.) I believe that puts me at 1120. Thanks :)
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

More points!
*created a listamania on Amazon.com under the title of "Christain Fantasy". I'm not sure how to create a link from here to there since I left the page.
But, that should be 50 pts., putting me at 1170.
Thanks:)
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

I special ordered The Door Within from Barnes and Noble in College Station, TX, on Sunday. It's gonna get in on Friday, and we're giving it as a birthday present. By giving it as a present we'll be telling they're entire family about the Door Within series and Isle of Swords. That's twenty points for each person in the family old enough to read, and there are five people, so that's 100 points, plus 75 for special ordering The Door Within. That gives me 1320 points. Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last post was a bit confusing. Here's a chart that breaks it down.

75 pts.- special ordering TDW

100 pts.- 5 people (Mrs. Kocmoud, Mr. Kocmoud, Jonathan, Steven, Andrew), 20 pts. for telling each about each book.

Total: 1145 + 175 = 1320

Anonymous said...

Ok, after looking back, I think I had a miscalculation. I counted 20 points per person, 5 for each book I told them about. After rereading the contest description, I think that's not what you had in mind. I'll count 5 points each for telling about the entire series to each person. I believe that's 1245 total, then.

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I've done the whole thing with counting 20 per person three times before. I'll subtract the extra 15 from each of those, which leaves me at 1200. Please correct if I'm wrong in doing this, because I really have no idea if I'm interpreting this right.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Here are more points that I collected:
*Recommended all four books (3 DWT & IOS) to 10 people. I think that's 200pts, which puts me at
1270. Thanks!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Collected more points:
*recommended all 4 books to a lady who came over to our house (20 pts.)
*recommended The Door Within books to someone (15)
*Recommended Isle of Swords to two people (10 pts.)
I think that puts me at 1315.

Anonymous said...

This really stinks but I found out that the date I got the DIOM series was before the deadline. So that deducts me to 5 points. I'll make it up though, just you wait...

Unknown said...

Wayne...I don't know if you caught this question that I asked...but I need to know:

Does it count if we buy one of Mr. Davis' Dragons In Our Midst audio books?? I bought one recently, so I was curious. Thanks!

tbon100k said...

i purchased "the door within" about 2 weeks ago, and then yesterday, november 17th, i purchased "the rise of the wyrm lord", "the final storm" and "isle of swords" for all 4 book purchase points of...400points? i purchsed all of them from Borders.

tbon100k said...

Also, i was wondering if in the second book,"the rise of the wyrm lord" did you intentionally put into the map your last name spelled out under the trees in the upper right hand corner?

tbon100k said...

If i don't meet the buy all 4 books requirement, do i then fall under the 50points per book purchase?? not sure how you rule that one, i'll leave it to you to clear up my muddled thinking.

tbon100k said...

Also, i spotted your books in a waldens on a recent trip to chicago, i currently live in new mexico, which prompted me to look in the borders when i got back home to purchase them. does that count for the 25 treasure points?

tbon100k said...

i also created a listmania list with the 4 books included. you can find the list here, http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1S45D6PGTVL3C
or look under my profile, t.heredia, for the list.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Got some more points:
*wrote a review for The Door Within on Amazon.com, under the title of "Amazing Fiction" by the pen name of Lucy. (10 pts.)
*Wrote a review for The Door Within on my family's blog (www.shoopfamily7.blogspot.com) (5 pts)
*added a picture of all three Door Within Books on my family's blog with links to amazon for the books (30 pts.)
I think that puts me at 1360 total.

tbon100k said...

i just bought one of Davis's books, raising dragons, and read it over the weekend for 50 more points. Also, it looks like your last name is writtin in the tree trunks on one of the maps inside the "rise of the wyrm lord" cover, was that intentional??